Figure Drawing Co-op–which is open to students, faculty, and community artists–is an opportunity to work from the life model. This Fall, Co-op will be held on Tuesday nights, 6:30-9:30 pm, beginning September 22 in CA 170. Co-op will run 8-10 weeks, depending on number of co-op payments/members. The September 22 session is FREE! To attend further sessions, you must pay before attending (see “How to sign up” below).
School of Visual Arts Figure Drawing Co-op is a student-run program. The majority of the sessions involve the unclothed model, but portrait models are also employed. Co-op is non-instructional. There are no lectures or demonstrations.
- Cost for tri-college students for fall 2015 is $30 for the semester.
- Cost for faculty members and community artists is $35 for the semester.
- Please note that Co-op is unable to provide refunds or credit towards another semester if you choose not to attend after paying or only attend a few sessions.
- Pro-rated fees are also not offered, should you choose to enroll later in the semester.
How to sign up
Pay at beginning of first session or pay after first session. To pay after first session:
- Pick up a Payment Slip. There are three ways to do this:
- in the SVA office, CA 161
- at the Co-op Coordinator’s office, King Hall 224 (slips in pocket on door)
- at the first Co-op session on September 22
- Bring payment to Co-op Coordinator’s office between 2 and 4 on Mondays and Wednesdays, or bring payment to MSUM Business Services, which is on the first floor of Owens Hall. Owens Hall is located on the corner of 11th Street and 9th Avenue. The Business Services is open 8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Traditional oil paints may not be used in CA 170. Only dry drawing media and water-based media may be used.
- You may attend as few or as many sessions of the semester as you wish. You may also attend all or parts of each model session. However, please observe studio etiquette and only enter or exit through the side door during model breaks.
- There is no storage for supplies and artwork for community artists. Plan to take all supplies and work with you each evening.
Further questions or inquiries may be addressed to Co-op Coordinator, Sherry Lee Short, 218-477-2310, firstname.lastname@example.org.